I recently blogged about problems I’d encountered with Maven filtering resource files that I didn’t actually want filtering resulting in corrupted resources in my target artifact. So you’d think I’d more careful from that point on, right?
Well, it’s just happened again! In the first situation I blogged about, the resource files in question were TrueType font files. In this latest occurrence I couldn’t understand why some native DLLs which I am packaging with my app appeared not to be loading correctly. After much head scratching, it finally dawned on me that they could be getting corrupted during the Maven build. When I checked the POM I found that I’d inadvertently switched on filtering for all resources by mistake with the result that the DLLs were being filtered and ending up corrupted. Once I’d corrected the filtering switch everything started working again.
So the moral is always be aware of the implications of switching Maven resource filtering on!